Tuesday, October 11, 2011

confidence on an 18-month old

Daddy and I have a very proud moment in regards to Little M. He has been doing to a Mother's Day Out program on Mondays for a month now. On the first day when he didn't know what was going on, he didn't even cry when I left. After that, he cries for about 2 minutes or so and he is very excited clingy when I pick him up. This week he was a changed little boy. 

When we walked from the car and he looked around, he put his arms around my neck. I thought it was a sign that it was going to be a bad drop-off, but instead it was surprisingly easy. He walked in, played, and that was it. I kissed him goodbye on the head and left. When I picked him up, I saw that he and another boy was watching moms and dads walk by their door picking up their children. They were just watching everyone happily. Even when Little M made eye contact with me, he didn't become anxious. In fact, when I was signing him out, he even walked in the room and played with a ball. He didn't motion to leave. 

This is a very proud moment. It shows that he is now confident that I will come back for him when I leave him in the morning. Some moms may be saddened by that. But not me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment