Saturday, May 10, 2008

maybe a hug can bring about world peace

I am ashamed to say it, but I am a yeller. Once I reach a certain frustration level, I yell. I feel awful about it, so I have empowered my son with what I hoped was something that would stop me in my tracks.

I told my son that instead of yelling and being mad at each other, we should just love and hug each other.

Shortly after our conversation, we had an opportunity to test my theory. Matty wasn't listening to whatever I was saying and I was about to pop a vein. He stopped, looked at me, and ran toward me. "Let's hug each other, Mommy!" Not one to reject my son's need for affection, I complied.

With a smile on my face, I went from 60 to zero (well, maybe not zero, more like 15) in 3 seconds flat.

Now the problem is that the power has gone to the boy's head. When we got to warning #2 last night at the store, he used it to wipe the slate clean. Hmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny!! How what a smart little guy you have there.
    Can you imagine him breaking curfew and walking in late, then grabbing you in a bear hug? LOL Don't smack me!!!

    ReplyDelete