Monday, September 15, 2008

techno gears mega marble



Aside from Soccer, what occupied our weekend? Well, there was the Techno Gears Mega Marble that the boy saw at Costco. He actually wanted it more than the big Tonka helicopter (which is now in his Santa list), if you can believe it. I was chosen to be the play buddy for this one, so at 7AM, we woke up bright and early to start assembling it. It took us (me and the boy) 5 hours, until finally I was getting cross-eyed and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong at one point. I called Daddy to finish the rest (it took 1 more hour to finally finish). But both Daddy and I couldn't believe the attention and dedication the boy put into it though.

We also had a new chore chart put into effect. The boy refuses to do things himself (like dressing, going to the bathroom, etc) so after very long planning, we finally have a responsiblity chart to get him motivated (stickers for reward).

Oh, and we also bought a costume. For the past couple of years, we've bought costume days before Halloween and end up scrambling around. This year, we thought it best to buy early. But early isn't always best. Now the boy wants to wear it all day long. I took a picture, but I thought against posting it so that it can be a surprise. But I will say one thing, or maybe 2. Star Wars.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Crazy that it took so long to put together.

    Great idea about the chart :)

    We don't know yet what we are doing for Halloween. Sure is sneaking up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!Fun!Fun! This looks like something Matthew would enjoy!!!!

    Nana

    ReplyDelete