Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm a slacker with an excuse...

I am hoping not to uproot our big family, but it is better to be prepared. The company Daddy works for is not doing well and is in the process of laying off more than one half the work force. It's scary. We seem to be in this pattern of staying in one place for only 4 years. But this time, with three little ones, it won't be so easy. But I am hoping we don't have to do that. But to be prepared, it's time to get rid of some junk we manage to haul from house to house. Only now, we have tons of toys to add to it!

We've entered into a new dimension of parenting with the twins. With the little man the time between 15 months to a little bit after 2 years old were the most difficult and this is true with the girls as well. They are at an age where they want to do what they want to do, and any attempt to stop them ends up in a full body tantrum. With two, it's much more difficult.

The other day, when we dropped Big Bro off to school was especially frustrating. I no longer use the stroller now (I don't know why I make it difficult for myself). Instead, I use harnesses. So I put Thing 1 and Thing 2's harness on. Big Bro wanted to hold one, and he's in a mood where he wasn't going to take no for an answer. So rather than lose it, I let him. So he either pulls or pull Thing 1, making her lose her balance. Finally, I was able to get him to give up. But then there was the Exploration room right when we enter the building. It's a huge play area that everyone passes through to get to the rooms. Why it has to be right there in the middle near the doorways, I don't know. The girls went in two different directions. So there I was being pulled in the middle...and then Thing 1 came falling down, hitting her face on the floor. It wasn't serious, but it was the icing on a cake of a very difficult morning.

Today I decided that I can't handle the stress, so I used the stroller. We all need a little break once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment