Tuesday, March 3, 2009

what does a boogie board and a pizza pan have in common?

As promised, I have videos of Daddy and Curious George enjoying the snow. As I mentioned previously, we don't have any sled. We don't even have proper snow attires, so when we got 6-8 inches of snow yesterday, we had to improvise.

Daddy took his boogie board and wrapped it with a lawn bag and duct tape. After dressing Curious George in 2 pairs of pants, 2 socks, rain boots, and 2 pairs of gloves (his regular fleece gloves and one of my leather gloves over it, that is now trashed), they were off to try the contraption.



Daddy had a hard time here, since Curious George had other ideas. He wanted to shovel the entire backyard, apparently. As you can see, the 'sled' seemed to work OK going up the little hill.



At first it looked like it was going to work, but then again, maybe not. This was funny while I was filming it nice and cozy inside the house. But I tell you, this just gets funnier and funnier every time I watch it!



Then it was the pizza pan's turn. It looks like this was my idea, but really, we have Daddy to thank for it. I just put it into action by handing him the pan. If you're not tearing up laughing hard by this point, you have a serious problem!

Daddy was determined to give Curious George an fun experience and he wasn't going to just give up just because we don't have a sled. Curious George actually had a lot of fun here!

Later that day, I took him out again and tried the cover of the sandbox (thanks to Daddy, again for this ingenious idea), but it still didn't work. The snow was too dry and fluffy and our hill is just too tiny.

Oh, the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment