Friday, February 5, 2010

Potty training and preschool!

Yesterday, Daddy and I have decided to enroll the girls in preschool at a local "christian" church. I put it in quotation because when I asked the director about it, she said they are "bible believing, non denominational church". Alrighty then, I thought. They teach the bible. I'm not too worried since the girls are still young and we definitely do not want to keep them there forever. Their school year ends in May. At that time, we'll have to think of where to enroll the girls for the summer and fall.

But the important thing is, both the director and assistant director were very friendly, as well as the teachers. So the girls will start on Monday and they will be in school Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9am to 2pm.

It's going to be a mad rush to head out the door with Curious George having to be at school before 8:30. Then the pick up is going to be crazy, too. I pick CG up at 5pm.

I want the girls potty trained soon. So since the school is willing to work with the parents on this, I decided to start yesterday. At 11am, I put both the girls in big girl undies. By 1pm, Thing 1 has wet 4 pairs of pants. At the same time, Thing 2 has only wet once. So I decided I would concentrate on Thing 2 for now until she is trained, and then train Thing 1.

Thing 2 even napped in her undies, but of course she woke up soaking wet. The whole day, she told me every time she wet her pants. I was encouraged by that. Today, we've been out most of the morning so I put her in diaper. But while out, she told me, "PEE!" so I ran her to the public restroom and sat her on the toilet. By then of course, she already wet her diaper.

When we got home, I kept an eye on her and kept taking her to the toilet. The first 2 times, she told me she peed, which meant she tinkled a few drops. But then every time she went to watch TV, a few minutes later, she would hide behind a chair, so I ran her to the bathroom again. By the 3rd time, she let it all out! :) I think we're now starting to get the idea that she needs to let it all out in the toilet and pee. Yipee! I feel very optimistic.

On Monday, I plan on keeping Thing 2 in undies while she is in school and keeping Thing 1 in diapers for now. We'll see how this all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment