Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Jojo Pulls Up

Nana called to check on us and asked Daddy if the girls were pulling up yet. Daddy said no, not really. Well, what do you know, that same evening Jojo decided to try.

For the past 2-3 weeks, Jojo hasn't done much. She stopped smiling much and stopped interacting with her toys. Katie took advantage of this and grabbed every toy that Jojo held in her hands. But in the last week, Jojo has taken off like a rocket. She plays, and explores everything there is about a particular toy. She can now sit up by herself, though she did fall a couple of times once and wanted me to be near her to feel secure again. Now she's pulling up. I place her in the middle of the crib (sitting up) and yet I find her on the side grabbing onto the bars. Still sitting up!

In the meantime, Katie has not done much. She is actually refusing to stand up lately. She holds her legs up if I try to make her stand up. I don't know why she's doing it, because it really requires more strength to keep her legs up then to just go ahead and let them down and stand.

I think they let each other have their own shining moment and take turns. They leapfrog each other, which I think is awesome. This way we can appreciate and celebrate each one fully. What clever girls.



No comments:

Post a Comment