Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Three Steps Forward, Two Steps Back, so we're still Ahead

Matty has been sleeping in his bedroom since we moved him there some time in November. We progressed so well and so fast, it amazed us. But then the twins got sick and Matty regressed. I didn't make the connection at the time, but the hubby did. He theorized that since we were paying so much attention to the twins, he was feeling left out and wanted to sleep back in our room.

When the hubby was in the hospital, not only did Matty sleep back in our room, he slept with me on our bed. So to avoid frustration in everyone's part, I set up a sleeping back on the floor in our bedroom and let Matty sleep there.

Wait a minute. Weren't we in this exact same situation many moons ago? Not only did we take steps back, but it seemed we went back as far as the beginning. This wouldn't do. I made a deal wth Matty that he is to sleep in his bedroom in the beginning of the night. Whenever he wakes up, he is allowed to run to our bedroom and sleep on the flor.

It worked out yesterday, but this boy is just way too smart. Not 5 minutes after I said goodnight and gone downstairs, I heard running. I go upstairs to check on Matty and he was lying down on the floor in our bedroom.

I asked him why he was there, and he said, "I woke up, Mommy! Now I sleep in Mommy's floor." I rolled my eyes and said goodnight.

When Daddy came up and saw Matty on the floor, Matty said, "Mommy say to me I can sleep on Mommy's floor!"

Oh well. He DID start out in his bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment