Saturday, November 10, 2012

Christmas applique shirts


In a few weeks we are going to ride on the Polar Express to see Santa. The kids are going to wear PJs so I wanted to make them matching ones. With all the projects I have, I didn't want to sew a whole PJ outfit, so I decided to just saw them the PJ bottoms. Then, I thought, hey, what not make everyone one so that we can wear it for our family Christmas morning picture! How cool would that be? I bought a ton of the green horn fabric above, and that would be the PJ for the boys, and the blue snowman hat is going to be the PJ bottom for the girls. For the top, I bought red long sleeves for the boys, and navy blue for the girls. I had no idea what design to applique on the top until last night as I was doing them. I originally had 6 different designs and as I was doing them thought that would be way too complicated. To make things easier, it's reindeer for boys, snowman for the girls.

I still have to sew them and sew details on, but they are looking pretty good. I might get our family pictures taken wearing these. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment