Monday, May 3, 2010

Welcome, Michael David!

Since I no longer have 3 silly ducklings, but 4 little monkeys, I will now post here. :)

Mikey was born on April 9th at 7:54am weighing in at 8 lbs 8 oz and 20 3/4 inches. He is a big boy and it was such an eventful entrance too. I was scheduled for a c-section at 7:30am (we needed to arrive at the hospital at 5:30am) but having trouble falling asleep, I got up at 3:30. From the moment I stood up, I felt contraction every 5 minutes and they intensified very quickly. I think it's yet another sign that this little one will be every bit as strong willed as his big brother and big sisters.

Shortly after I was brought back to my room, Mikey was brought to me to breastfeed. This was a pleasant surprise because when Big M was born, I remember waiting an hour or so for him to be brought back to me from the nursery. And even then, the nurses did not push him to breastfeed. But with Little M, one of the nurses practically undressed me. Little M was a pro! I was still getting situated and he found a nipple himself and latched on. :) His first day was spent sleeping all day long. We never even heard a peep, which worried Daddy and I at first. By day 3, he found his voice and he let us the nurses know.











No comments:

Post a Comment