Thursday, April 5, 2012

I diddit!

Last week Daddy and I woke up to Little M jumping on our bed saying, "I diddit! I diddit!" He climbed out of his crib for the first time and was happily celebrating it. Daddy and I agreed that it wouldn't be long when we have to convert the crib into a toddler bed to prevent him from falling head first.

That afternoon when I put Little M for nap, I checked the monitor and there he was with his legs dangling on the outside of the crib. I yelled at him to lie back down, which he did but I knew he would be climbing out at every opportunity. So that evening, Daddy looked through the unpacked boxes in the basement for the hardware and converted the bed. Surprisingly, Little M took to it without any issues. He stayed in his bed when we put him down, although he did get out of it as soon as he wakes up in the morning.

Last night when I was getting ready to go to bed the lounge chair in the bedroom started moving. It freaked me out until I saw that Little M had moved to sleep there. The little bugger.

He's words have taken off, too. The other morning after waking up early, again, I couldn't find him in the room. I called out to him and he answered, "In here. In here." He than snuck up to me and said, "I'm gonna eeehyoooo! [eat you]"

On another day, I told him to stop playing around the fan and he said, "I'm borrowing it!" After that every time I asked him to put something that he said he's borrowing it.

The little monkey is turning 2 in a few days. I can hardly believe it. My eldest is 7 and my youngest is 2. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment