Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kindergarten, here they come!

We attended the Kindergarten orientation today and the word excited is a big understatement. Both K and J wanted school to start today. Now! They got mad at me for not taking their backpacks, even though I have repeatedly told them that today is only for looking around and meeting their teachers.

As we were touring the school, I did hear J ask "where is my sister?" when she couldn't see her because she walked too far ahead. J is showing more anxiety though, and it's obvious when the principal gave a rundown of the school bus procedure. She raised her hand and asked what happens when she can't find her classroom? I will have to remember and reassure her that there will be many teachers to show her around and that her and K's classroom is right next to each other.

This will be the only pictures I will have, I think, as parents are not allowed in in order to get the kids adjusted ASAP. The fall picnic is already in the schedule later in September so I will be anxious to see the friends they've made.

The only other thing I have to get used to is being late to one event since they are in a different class. Daddy will will probably be able to split with me so one can go to one and I can go to the other, unless of course the event is school wide and we will have to go to 3 different classes.

Oh my. I just can't believe the time has come. Five years has come and gone. I remember the assembly line process of feeding and changing them, but what happened to the time in between?


No comments:

Post a Comment