Monday, September 13, 2010

a 5-year old's morning routine

It's that time again to brag about my first born. About 2 weeks before Kindergarten started, I gave Big M a list of things to do before he comes downstairs in the morning. He must go potty, brush teeth, and change his clothes. Amazingly, he loves it so this has been his morning routine ever since. Oh, and how it makes my life so much easier! All I have to do is wake him up at 6:30 in the morning, and he does his own thing while I go and get J and K ready and doing the same thing. By 6:45, the kids are all downstairs eating breakfast and by 7:25 we are out the door. Big M's morning routine doesn't stop on weekdays either, come rain or shine and weekends he comes down all dressed up.

I knew I had something special here, but didn't know exactly how much until I hear some of his friends' parents complaining about how difficult it is to get their sons/daughters out in time in the morning.

I don't show him enough, but I am super proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment