Saturday, September 4, 2010

could it be that we have our very own easy baby?

I hope I don't have to eat my words when we reach the terrible 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s and 5s, but Little M proved to be an easy one today, at least when it came to taking formula for the first time since he came home from the hospital. Daddy played Mr. Mom to Baby M, J and K today when I took Big M to a friend's party. It was fairly far from home so I knew I may be gone 3 hours or so, so I bought formula and a set of baby bottles this morning. I was pretty considerate with Daddy and breastfed before I left so he didn't have a cranky one to deal with. But he was apparently cranky anyway. Two hours after I was gone, I told Daddy the go ahead. Daddy made 8 ounces of formula and Little M chugged 3 ounces in no time. I didn't want him to eat too much, so I told Daddy not to give the whole thing....which then made for a crankier baby.

Regardless of the crankiness, we were pretty amazed at the drama-less way in which he took the formula and the bottle! I remember Daddy making several trips to the store just to get different kinds of bottles for Big M just so we could get him to take formula. This was before my milk came in, which took 2 weeks.

Could we really finally have an easy baby? Not that we didn't deserve one. Every family should have one of these. Strong-willed for a first and twins for second and third. Yeah, we deserve one.

No comments:

Post a Comment