Thursday, March 24, 2011

Welcome!

The kids were the three silly ducklings on blogspot, then we moved to wordpress and became the stubborn monkeys. Now we're back on blogspot! Get it? Got it? Good!

Let me start this post by going back to February. Daddy and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary by hiring a babysitter for all four kids! The preparation took many days before the event by pumping milk for Little M. He doesn't drink from a bottle but I thought since it's Mommy's milk, surely he'll take it.

We were gone from 5pm to 12am. Seven whole hours without any kids! The poor babysitter. Daddy and I had a leisurely dinner and then we went to see Cirque Du Soleil's Ovo. The evening started out with jittery nerves not 10 minutes away from the house. I experienced kid-withrawal. I mainly worried about Little M. It was the first time I have ever left him for this long. Fortunately the babysitter was excellent. I called her a couple of times and then she started texting me. Yeah! I got tons of updates!

Daddy and I had a lot of fun and talked about doing this sort of things once in a while. The older 3 are self-sufficient enough that they can survive with a babysitter without a worry. The only problem was they started fighting over the babysitter! It wasn't as much of a playtime as they'd hope because of Mikey. Mikey had trouble sleeping, he didn't want to take the bottle and so he was clingy. Thankfully he ate baby food so it didn't starve.

This was a memorable anniversary all around. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment