Friday, February 8, 2013

mortality and 5-year olds

Once in a while J is preoccupied with the subject of getting old and dying. She has equated old age to near dying, so she comes up to me and sometimes says, "Mommy, I don't want you to die." She really means to get old and die. I have explained to her that everyone dies, but she doesn't understand that yet and it doesn't help her. So I've gone to saying, "Mommy will live long so I can take care of you." That answer she is happy with.

Today, K same up to me after we were cleaning up our little craft. She looked at the big pack of crafting gems and said, "Mommy, when you die I want to keep these. You have a million of them!"

These girls are identical twins, yet so different from each other. They keep me on my toes.




No comments:

Post a Comment