Sunday, February 3, 2013

the biggest scare of my life

A week and a half ago, I was home with the girls and Little M. Daddy and Big M attended a family math night at school. It was bed time and I was busy getting the kids dressed and ready to go to bed one at a time. While I was helping one, the other is in their room with Little M playing. When J was done, I told her to go back to her room, and I took K to the bathroom. I saw Little M playing. About 5-10 minutes passed and K was done. When I went back to their room, Little M was no there. I call out, and I didn't hear him. I asked J where he was, she didn't know.

I call out to our room and no Little M. I went back to the kids' bathroom. Nothing. Big M's room is locked because he doesn't want anyone playing with his Legos so I skipped that room. I went downstairs yelling Little M's name. Nothing. I run back upstairs and checked the rooms that were locked, maybe he got in and locked himself. Still nothing. Maybe 5 minutes passed, I was still yelling, still nothing. I went up and down the stairs so many times, I lost count. Once again I ran downstairs and checked the doors. They were locked. If he had gone outside, the doors wouldn't be locked. But I checked outside anyway. Nothing. I opened the basement and garage. No luck. In the meantime I was screaming his name and banging the walls in hope that I would scare him out.

A few more minutes passed by and I began to panic and cry. My girls saw me and started panicking too. I started to imagine that if Little M was somehow hurt or suffocating and couldn't answer, enough time has passed that he would really be in trouble. I picked up my cell phone and decided it's time to call 911. But before I did I dialed Daddy instead. I was panicked and talking loudly, "I lost Little M. I can't find him anywhere!!" At that moment, J yelled out, "I found him!"

"WE FOUND HIM! EVERYTHING IS OK. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME. EVERYTHING IS OK!," I yelled to Daddy and hung up.

J said she heard a noise in her closet and then found Little M. I had looked there before, and didn't find him. He must have really been hiding. I sat on the floor and cried and tried to calm my breathing. I was hyperventilating. I was spent. I asked the girls to go ahead and go to bed. I stayed on the floor crying. Little M looked at me. I looked at him angrily. "You are NOT to hide from Mommy! You have to answer me when I call you! I am angry!"

Little M looked at me, "No. I"m angry! The fireman will get you!"

I was shaking. It took a lot of time to recover in order to put him to bed. T

That was the scariest thing I have ever gone through.

No comments:

Post a Comment