Monday, July 18, 2011

Dogs are not the kids' best friend

We went to our neighbor's house to play with her 2-year old twin girls. But I had to leave the girls there for an hour while I attend a conference call. When I came back, the girls had red spots on their faces. My neighbor's dogs licked their faces. K found it amusing, J almost had a panic attack. In fact, when the other twins and K got the dogs riled up, J thought they were going to be let inside the house again. J became hysterical. It took me a good 10 minutes to calm her back down.

This entire time, their faces remained the same - red and spotty. But at one point, J rubbed her eye and right before my eyes, her eye started swelling shut. I washed her face and we said our goodbyes and speed -walked back to our house. I washed J's face and hands and drugged her with Benadryl.

This exact same thing happenes with Big M when he was 3 years old. His face swelled up after being licked by a dog. I think it is safe to say that we need to keep all the kids away from dogs. This kind of contact always happen in someone else's house which effectively ends whatever fun we're all having.


No comments:

Post a Comment