Thursday, April 7, 2011

oh no!


In case you've noticed J's little smudge under her nose, it's from a fall she had at school. I was sitting in the living room trying to make Little M happy when my phone rang. A moment of panic came over me when I saw that it was from the preschool. Ever since the girls had a new preventative asthma inhaler, I haven't gotten a call from the school (to bring the nebulizer in) so my mind braces for the worst.

The assistant director said that J fell off from the 2-step bleacher type seating they have in class (why they have this in 3 year old classroom is not a smart thing). She was on the top and loss her footing and fell face first. The top of her lip hit the first step, and she slid down onto the floor hitting her forehead. She was pretty upset and started breathing fast. The director said it was probably because she was scared. And that she has a pretty big knot on her forehead. They had given her ice and will keep a close eye on her for the rest of the day.

I wasn't worried when I picked her up. Big M had a few of those at this age. But when I saw the assistant director she said it looked a lot better. I'm thinking, what? I would probably have freaked out had I seen her right after this happened then.

The sad thing is, J has fallen from the same spot before without any bump. I told her to pleeeeease not to play on top of the bleacher step again. J said, "OK, Mommy."

No comments:

Post a Comment