Monday, May 9, 2011

It's the little things

As the kids get older, Mother's day gets better. The girls made a tile photo frame at school. They wouldn't let me open them at first, saying they're theirs. Big M made a flower craft with a note that says "I love you because you always pick me up (from school)." And then there is this letter. It's not the message itself, but the message behind the message that gets to me. I love that he likes the laughter we have at home. I love the fact that the silliness is what he remembers and not the yelling that I seem to be doing a lot lately.

Mother's Day is a day for others to show their appreciation for the one that brought them to this world. But to me, Mother's Day is also a day to look inward and reflect on whether I am doing a good job. With Big M's letter, it's nice to know that my short comings seem to be over-shadowed by my good days.

Being a mother is a tough job. It's nice to know I'm doing some things right.


No comments:

Post a Comment