Wednesday, May 18, 2011

a playdate turn dinner date

We were schedule to have Big M's friend and his family spend the afternoon at our house for a playdate. They were in soccer together and have very similar interest; star wars, Lego, etc. On Friday night, I had a craving for ice cream so when I went to fetch one. As I was walking back to the kitchen, I noticed my ice cream cup was sloshing around. That's when I discovered that our freezer lost power probably the day before. The frozen waffles were thawed, and so were most of the meat. All the other things had to be trashed. I had to either throw away the meats, or go ahead and cook them. I decided to cook them so the playdate turned dinner date with all that food.

This was our first visitor to our house other than family. We had fun, though I bet our new friends were not prepared for the noise in our house. Whew! This new friend is just like us, Filipino Mommmy, Caucasian Daddy. They have 2 boys who is the same age as my 2 boys. We had a lot of fun. The girls were fascinated by the little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment