Tuesday, May 31, 2011

what a night! - a milestone

Last night marks the first night Little M slept through the night. I opened my eyes at 5:45 am and realized he never woke me up. What a feeling! This is also his second night without breastfeeding. The night before last was a noisy one. He woke up and screamed when he realized I was withholding the boobies.  But I can't give in because I am on a stronger antibiotics.

I finished my 10-day antibiotic course to fight off strep throat for the second time. And 5 days later I felt my tonsils was a little tender. By the next morning (Sunday) my throat was starting to hurt. We were going to a friend's house for a pool party  in the evening and I didn't want to ruin it by feeling miserable. So I went to a CVS Minute Clinic and waited 2 hours to be seen. Sure enough, the swab test turned positive for strep. The nurse gave me Zpack since she said the Augmentine (my PCP gave me Augmentine for the past 2x of strep) was not doing the job. My throat was not hurting at all by that evening and by yesterday my throat didn't look so red anymore. But Zpack is a stronger antibiotic. It is category B, which mean a little amount passes through the breastmilk, but since I am already weaning I decided to go ahead and stop breastfeeding completely.

Having seen the nurse at CVS and am now feeling better, I don't know when to talk to my regular doctor about this 3rd bout of strep. He said we need to talk about going to the ENT if I get this again, and here we are. Right now though I am too busy. This is the last week of school for Big M, the girls birthday is on Saturday, and I know I'm forgetting a lot of important things. ARGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment